I apologise if I'm beating a deadhorse here....

I recently bought a 116 action to build a 7 rem mag on. I have everything I need including the Boyd's pro varmint stock but I'm just not digging the laminate stock... Truth is I bought it off a guy here thinking I'd paint it and make it what I need but im still not wild about it...

What I really want is a Mcmillan Game Scout without the Mcmillan price. I love the hybrid bench/hunting style with the vertical style grip while still keeping it light and more of a sporter style.

I've looked at choate (too heavy), stockades (too long of wait times), B&C (only one option available for LA and it's a straight sporter style), Mcmillan (too rich for my blood), Boyd's (all laminate), hogue (meh), MPI (again too expensive). I even went do far as to email grayboe to see when they were going to start building stocks for Savage and they told me 2019 (originally they said 2018).

Are there any I'm missing here for options? I guess I should have done more research before going the long action/Savage route because so far I feel like my choices for a lightweight hunting/tactial stock are abismal.