A few years ago, I converted my Savage 111 DBM stock to a Boyds featherweight thumb-hole 110 stock (they didn’t make a 111 stock). I ordered the parts for the internal magazine (like in a Savage 110). I read several threads that stated this would be a flawless conversion, however that has not been the case.

After installing the magazine box and follower assembly, there is still about ¼” of space from the back of the magazine box and the back of the area it sits in. (it moves back and forth, slides front to back). I tried to remedy the issue by placing a polymer spacer that I made to fit it. That stopped the sliding, but now it won’t feed the rounds correctly. It will knock the round free from the follower, but the bolt rides over the round and you have to cycle it again to get the round to chamber. The gun still shoots 1 MOA and I have killed countless deer with it, but I want the gun to be flawless.

I am currently away from home and cannot send pics, but I can upload some when I get home in a couple weeks.

I am taking it to a gunsmith when I get back home, but I wanted to see if anyone had any similar issues. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.