Thread: 111 stock question

Basic Member

111 stock question

Can I switch a trophy hunter 111 to a blind magazine, either box or centerfeed?

Basic Member
    I've got the same question except for a model 16. From the little I have read, it is possible to switch from a DBM to a blind magazine. I haven't found anything about what parts exactly I would need.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    Yes you can easily convert from a DBM to blind magazine stock. Just pull the bottom cap off your current metal box magazine and follower. You can purchase an L- bracket/clip from Savage Arms to hold it in place in a Savage center feed stock. I don't use the L-clip. It is easier to use 4 small balls of plumber's epoxy putty in the corners of the magazine well. Apply release agent to metal. Put a business card between the bolt and magazine lips and tape to the action in the correct feed position. Put in stock and press corners of magazine box into epoxy putty. The epoxy putty sets up quickly, but I remove action and magazine box within 15 minutes which makes it easier to trim away any excess putty from the inside corners of the magazine box. Put the magazine box back in the stock and let the epoxy putty cure. This gives you a solid base to hold the magazine box in place at the correct height so that the bolt head picks up the cartridge and feeds correctly when assembled.