Hey guys, this is my first post here. I'm kind of new to the Savage scene, but I'm interested in getting a 10/110 series rifle to shoot and eventually build on. I saw that I recently missed the great sale Cabelas had on the 12FV, but it looks like if I wait around a few months they might have another. With their last black Friday sale, rebate, veterans discount, discounted gift cards, etc. I think I could get a 12FV new for about $200. That seems like about the best deal on a short action, and I could easily get 2 for that price and still be cheaper than most used ones at stores around here.

Are there any similar deals that come around periodically on a long action? I'd be happy with either. In my local area there are a couple used 110s in 30-06 and 270 that could be had for about $300-$320. I'm kind of wondering if I should go ahead and buy one of those, or wait and see if Cabelas has a sale again sometime soon. Any help/advice from you guys who have been doing this awhile would be appreciated.