Thread: Marbles tang sight S5S value?

Basic Member

Marbles tang sight S5S value?

Picked up a Savage NRA 19 with a Marbles S5S tang sight on it. I look around and found very little information anywhere about this sight. Anyone have any input or information as to its value? Thanks.
    Chris

Basic Member
    I saw one of the S5S's that was new in the box go for about $160 a few years ago, and than a couple used ones without a box not sell for far less. You see more of the very similar S6S's for the Sporters and I have seen several of them sell in the $50 to $75 range. Neither are common sights but they do not seem to be popular or command very high prices, probably due to them mounting on the wood and other quality receiver mounted sights being sometimes available. There currently are a couple S6S's on ebay that have really high staring prices and have been getting relisted for a very long time (and will probably never sell unless there is a drastic price drop).

I bought a S6S a few years ago for about $50, but I had a 1922 Sporter that already had the holes in the wood for mounting it, I would have not have bought one to put on a gun without the holes already being there (and I would shy away from a rifle with the holes unless the price was very reasonable).

Basic Member
    Sav22, once again thank you for your time and input. Ever published anything? If not maybe consider it at some point. The information and experience is a valuable commodity and would be appreciated by many.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDSUSMC View Post
    Ever published anything? If not maybe consider it at some point.
    It is something I wish to do, but it does not appear to be in the near future. I have been collecting data for a number of years now & probably have more than enough for a good book but need to do some serious organizing of it all first - I tried to keep it organized as I gathered it but that didn't always seem to work out to well. I feel I could cover the slide-action 22's quite well but not the bolt actions, they were never as high a priority to me and my data on them is spotty so some models I have very little info on - but I am still working on that.