Thread: serial number info

serial number info

Hello,
    I picked up a Savage barreled action with a ER Shaw barrel in 6.5x55. It has a serial number H4834XX.
    I want to make sure of the model, I think its a 110. I want to get a PRS stock or chassis for it. Maybe a
    Stealth chassis for it. Knowing as much as I can about it would certainly help the process. Anybody know
    which model this started out as and maybe the date of manufacture? Thanks for the help.

Basic Member
    Welcome.

First of all, is it blind mag?
    Second, what is the action screw spacing, measured center to center?
    Third, is there a bolt release button one the right side of the action? (Or is it in the front of the trgger guard?)

Report back, we can tell you everything you need to know to get a stock for it. Date of manufacture and original chamberring, may never know. Good news is it does not matter.

Basic Member
    BTW, I don't mean to sound flippant about your questions about original model designation. It's just not meaningful to you. All that might tell you is what kind of stock, barrel, scope (if any) or any other "accessories" it came with from the factory. Irrelevent, because whatever they were, they are gone now. All that matters at this point is what kind of action you have. We will know all you ever could know about it when you report back.

The action came in a Hogue stock with a removable 4 round magazine. The mag only has "long action" marked on it. 6.5x55 snap caps fed and ejected fine from it. Bolt release is on the right side.
    Screw spacing is approximately 5 1/2" on the two on each side of the mag well, 8" from front of mag to back of trigger. Sorry for the ignorance, first time modifying factory rifle. Thanks for your time and
    patience.

You might try calling savage when I called for parts for mine they ask me the serial number to confirm what rifle i have.

Basic Member
    ^^^^^ Make this SECOND on your action/to do list. They can tell you exactly what it was when shipped. Your FIRST action should be to edit your original post and remove the serial number data. Bad actors will file a police report listing this as a stolen gun, and you know where that can lead.