Thread: Question for 12FV Going In Bottom Bolt Release Accustock.

Basic Member

Question for 12FV Going In Bottom Bolt Release Accustock.

I picked up a 12fv from Cabelas and it shoots decent. I have an extra bottom bolt release Accustock and dremeled out the area for the top bolt release to function properly. The 12fv has the internal mag and the Accustock is detachable mag. I have read the write up on the different bottom metals but not sure what I need since I am converting a bottom release stock to top bolt release. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on this? Thanks

Basic Member
    Just get the frame assembly for a top bolt release dbm. And a mag bottom (metal is preferred, I think, but plastic will work if you cut off the tab on the front of it). Metal is about $10, plastic is $2. The 12fv trigger guard is fine. The internal mag for the 12fv is the same as DBM, just needs the mag bottom.

Basic Member
    Thanks. Does the Accustock have the longer inlet that will take either bottom metal? Also, will I need a spacer or anything extra to use the 12fv stock?

I think you’ll need to either grind the recoil lug or replace it to fit into the accustock

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thanks. Does the Accustock have the longer inlet that will take either bottom metal? Also, will I need a spacer or anything extra to use the 12fv stock?
    As Rusty said, you will need to replace the recoil lug or grind it to fit.
    I don't understand these questions. You cannot use the 12fv stock for detachable magazines. You can use the Accustock if you get the parts I already suggested, assuming you have a short action Accustock. Otherwise, you're outta luck.

Basic Member
    I already installed an Accustock recoil lug and have a bottom bolt release Accustock that I bought from you, lol.

After reading the post and seeing the picture in the link below I am not sure of the proper part number for the correct bottom metal due to the inlet and trigger guard differences for this setup: top bolt release 12fv action, bottom bolt release dbm accustock, 12fv trigger guard. I hope this helps clear up this Frankenstein build.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...etal-inletting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F20AFEB5-C330-4465-8100-98D9394E5192.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	4670
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-19-2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Info

Basic Member
    I will try to get the part numbers for you. But, the top bolt release models and bottom bolt release models use the same frame/surround. The area shown in your pic is the same for all short action Accustocks, top or bottom bolt release models. THe only issue you might have ever had was making room at the top for the top bolt release. Now that that's done, you are golden.