Thread: Model 112 7mm Rem Mag

Model 112 7mm Rem Mag

Hey everyone, I have come across one of these in a potential trade but it is hard to find some info on them. It was manufactured in 2005 (according to the serial numbers). It seems to be in quite new shape for its age (just from a few pictures though). The owner bought it from the original owner but has only took it out once (probably not the best choice for a first rifle) and I don't think he really knows a lot about rifles.

Depending on what your current area market is like grab it! They tend to shoot well.

He did mention that it is a single shot. Not sure if I am a huge fan of that or not (never owned one). I would like to use this rifle for moose and elk hunting as well as some long range stuff. I have seen those 2 round ammo carriers. If I don't take an animal in three shots then I have no business hunting. Does anyone know if it is easy to convert them into a repeater?

You need a picture of the magazine well/feed. It should have been a repeater from the factory? But being that you’re a northerner not sure what configure they possibly sold up that way. Other than that it’s a simple swap of some parts.

Look like a 112BVSS-S. It's not common to see the single shot on a magnum action. If it's a true single shot, there will be no mag opening at all. Not easy to make a repeater.

That's a great looking rifle. It should be a 26" fluted varmint taper barrel. Those stocks are also very nice, and not easy to come by anymore.

It will be heavy. Not something you want to carry much or for very far.

Gosh, that sure looks like it is milled out for a magazine in the first picture.

It also doesn’t appear to have the third action screw like a target action would have.

I have a guy that is huge Savage and a multi multi time winner in both Fclass and PRS and he said those rifles are awesome. His rig for this summer is another Savage. If the price comes is reasonable I think I'll take. With a 2 round carrier and a bit of practice I'm sure I can shoot 3 rounds almost as fast as if it were a repeater.

Basic Member
    The 112 long-range precision varminter (single shot, added to the short action 12 bvss lineup in '06) was a right bolt, left port action- and SS.

Pic isn't very clear but sure looks like a mag cutout to me as well.

I agree that it looks like it's milled for a mag cutout. Tough to tell without a better lighted picture.

Can't tell from the stock because the older single shots did not have a third action screw.

It looks be me like it is simply an BVSS. Most likely an early round rear accutrigger.

Interesting to see if it was centerfeed, stagger feed, or possibly even stagger feed with CRF.

I recently acquired a 112 7mm RM with fluted stainless varmint weight barrel in a trade and have to say it's one accurate rifle. Mine has the stagger feed mag. The factory stock had Dec 2000 stamped in it when I removed it to clean the rifle.

With some old 162 grain A-Max over RL-19 I was able to get it to shoot into 1.125" at 200 yards. The rifle also likes the 175 grain SMK over H4831SC putting five of those into 1.5" at 200 yards. I replaced the factory Tupperware stock with a Choate Tactical and have not regretted it. With a bit more load development, I'll be taking it out to 1k on a friend's range in south west Georgia.

With Factory Federal 150 grain ammo that came with the rifle, I can knock the hell out of the steel pigs on our club range at 300 yards.

I really appreciate the help on this. I had decided to purchase the gun. I received it a few days and it sure looks nice. Barely a ding on it. It has a internal magazine (do they call these a blind magazine?), so it is not a single shot. But it does have part of the receiver cut out so it looks like you can load it from either side. Couple of question though, with this rifle, as far as accessories, should all Savage long action accessories work (I'm thinking scope rail, chassis, things like that). Next one is about twist rate. Now I think I have measure it properly (used a rod, pushed in until one revolution, measured the distance) and it seems like it is around the 9.5 mark. Does this seem right for 7mm RM? I have provided a link to a few pictures. Have a look, any comments are welcomed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CamUNE6HHozUOsxV2

Forgot to mention that according to the serial number the rifle was manufactured in 2005.

The 1:9.5 is a good thing!

I think most savage long action accessories should be a direct fit. Hard to say absolutely yes when not listing specifics.