Thread: Youth/Compact Rifle

Youth/Compact Rifle

I'm relatively new here and, frankly, a speed bump on the information super highway. I'm have atough time navigating around web sites. I am looking for a youth/compact Savage rifle in 7mm-08 for my grandson. It HAS to have the Accutrigger. Stainless steel would be nice. A camo pattern would be nice. But NOT the Muddy Girl. A scope would be nice but not a hard requirement. If anyone here can give me a model number or name for what I'm looking for I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Basic Member
    Model number 57012 = Savage 110 Engage Hunter XP, with 3x9 Bushnell scope, accutrigger, adjustable length of pull stock, blued, 7mm-08

Basic Member
    If able, go here for more. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/

As mentioned above, the Model 110 Engage Hunter XP will check off all yous boxes (sans stainless and camo) and the adjustable length of pull will allow it to grow with your grandson.

Another good option would be the Model 110 Storm which is stainless steel but no scope.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I've looked at the info on both the Model 110 Engage Hunter XP and the Model 110 Storm, both of which have the set up for adjustable length of pull. What I cannot determine is what is the shortest length of pull available in each of those models?
    Thanks.

Basic Member
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ccufit-system/

AccuFit’s adjustability is made possible by way of a system of spacers and risers that are held in place by the rifle’s soft rubber buttpad. The guns ship from the factory with the straight comb and the longest spacer installed, however, three additional spacers and four comb risers are included allowing the user to fine-tune the rifle’s fit to any combination of five different lengths of pull and five different comb heights. The LOP can be set between 13” and 14” long in ¼” increments, while the drop at comb can be adjusted from 1” to ½” in 1/8” increments.

VAFISH, thank you!! Now that's the kind of info that is useful and meaningful. Wonder why Savage doesn't put that on their site...or it could be there and I'm not able to find it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPFOX View Post
    VAFISH, thank you!! Now that's the kind of info that is useful and meaningful. Wonder why Savage doesn't put that on their site...or it could be there and I'm not able to find it.
    I don't know. I couldn't find the information on Savages web site either. I think it should be there.