Thread: Rifle Basix Sav 2 EXPERTS needed

Team Savage

Rifle Basix Sav 2 EXPERTS needed

I am installing a new Rifle Basix Sav 2 trigger and have watched the video and have done SSS trigger installations. Is there a reason for taking the Sav 2 completely apart, like the video shows? Mine came all put together and I see no reason for taking it apart. Unless I have to to get the safety re-installed. Seems like it should pretty well just drop in?????

Bill

If you find a need to adjust the pull weight, either up or down , it is good to know how it comes apart. RB chose to show it being done off the rifle. Install it like it is. If it satisfies you, you're in business. If not. You have a video showing you how to change it. As you have found out, it is a very customizable unit.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    I understand how it works and how to adjust by moving pins and springs. Just in the video the gal starts out with it in pieces and I really didn't see a need.

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    Just in the video the gal starts out with it in pieces and I really didn't see a need.

Thanks,

Bill
    Agreed.

I didn't mean to be condescending. I read the question with thoughts of you not having any experience. My apologies.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I think this is a pretty good trigger, probably the best available for the Savage rifles. It's no Jewell, however, and I found it a bit challenging to get installed and working well. There's still a tiny bit of creep or "setup" in mine about 4 times out of 5. If I tuned that out, the rifle would follow through too easily. I also found that when making adjustments, you have to put the action back into the stock at typical torque. When I did that, the trigger would perform differently and follow through a lot easier, so I'd have to go back to the adjustment screws and try again. Kinda working blind, in a way. I ended up putting my Alan drivers into my electric screwdriver because it was lot of back and forth.

Team Savage
    Thanks to you both. Got it in and have a little creep and not as much sear contact as I would like. Going to shoot it a little to see if it wears in some. I did not round the sear much, left it with a knife edge and that may be causing the creep. It is light and I couldn't make it slip off the sear (fire) by moving the safe or closing the bolt aggressively. RCE1, I agree, it acts differently after being put in stock.

Bill