I'm kind of torn what to do hear. I have an axis II 223rem heavy barrel that shoots very well and its got about 400-500 rounds through it, factory stock, etc. I was just about to order a Boyd's stock for it when i cam across the model 12fv. From what I've read ill get about another thousand rounds from my axis barrel and have to replace it which would be almost the cost of a new rifle. A part of me says stick with the axis and just put the Boyd's on it and re barrel it when it needs it but i keep hearing this model 12fv is better than the axis being a true short action, larger bolt knob, possibly a better barrel, maybe the stock doesn't need replaced, axis bolts seem very sloppy to me, etc.

The downside i see to switching to a model 12fv is i would have to sell the axis and lose my rear end on it but put the $ towards the model 12fv, barrel is longer and heavier, its a Cabela's exclusive so savage might not warranty it when they are done and gone. possibly have to restock it (Bear archery did this to me with a gander mountain exclusive bow). My savage has a shorter, handier barrel and seems to be lighter for a walking varmint rifle.

What's your thoughts?