I think I have looked at and know most of my options out there but I am asking incase there is an option I am over looking. I picked up a 116 Lightweight in .270 for my next build for a great price. I will be ordering a 35 Whelen barrel in a month or so. I want this to be a tough bad weather deer/moose/bear gun. I know some options are Boyds, Bell and Carlson Medalist, and Hogue. I like the durability of the B&C stocks. I also really like the grip on the hogue stocks and it would make sense for the purpose of this build. I want to keep the weight down so thought about just sticking with the factory stock but man what a flimsy piece of plastic that thing is. The barrel is so off centered its touching on the one side and a huge gap on the other. Also there is a huge gap behind the tang that I worry sticks, leaves, and mud will fall in there and get in the trigger. Am I right to assume I will need different bottom parts since the lightweight model uses the plastic parts. Ideally I would like to convert it over to a hinged bottom metal if thats an option.

Any help on some or all of this would be appreciated! Thanks.