Howdy all , I been bouncing around the inter webs researching the axis line and ended up here. Swapped a beat up Glock for a 308 and the project begins. First thing first I opened the barrel channel, centered the action in the cheap stock and torqued it down. Second I rattle can camo jobbed it and reduced the trigger spring weight. Then re profiled the cocking ramp to smooth the bolt lift some.

I originally wanted to do a 243 but happened upon the 308. I’m contemplating getting a barrel more suited to lighter 308 maybe a 1 in 11 1/2 ??! I don’t really need extreme long range performance in fact over penetration could be a concern. I’m open to experimenting with the 308 instead of getting a 243 barrel. 155’s do ok in the factory tapered barrel but it seems to prefer 168’s . Haven’t tried any 125’s but assume they’ll suck in the 1 in 10.

Looks like I can have any stock I want for it as long as it’s a Boyd’s ... not a fan of the chassis look so boyds it is.. prolly get a pro varmint or at one. I haven’t killed anything with it yet but have no problems stacking bullets in the 100 yard. Realistically I’m seeing a 3-500 yard critter hitter . Not really going to try to kill anything beyond that range.. except for pigs, I hate pigs!!

Anyways I’ll use this post to track the build, open to any and all suggestions , and will get pics up soon!