Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage Mark II FV-SR compared to other 22lr?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrFonda View Post
    Thanks Sierra!

I tried some CCI sv, 10 rounds same hole at 50yrds.

You weren't kidding about extraction issues. I just sent mine back because the cci brass refuse to extract. I have to go in there with a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the cases out. Love the accuracy, but kind of bummed out about extraction. Hopefully when it gets back the accuracy won't change and extraction problems would be fixed.
    Dr Fonda: I don't have your weapon. Mine is a Savage Mark II BV. I shoot CCI SV in bench match events. The extraction problem you're experiencing is probably not the fault of the weapon - it's the ammo and the subject has been discussed in detail with pictures in another topic, which I can't seem to find now. The bore tolerance on the Savage is tight and couple that with the waxey CCI ammo and the slight case expansion when the round is fired and you get extraction problems. Put a shell between you fingers and you can feel the substance. My solution is to degrease the ammo in a baggy before the match and then place it in another baggy with some Rem Oil. It's a bit of a pain to have to do this but it's more of a pain to deal with stuck cases during the match - or any time for that matter. I also have a bore cleaner brush I've bent at a angle that I use to give the bore a quick douche if the symptoms develop during the match. Keep the bore and the notches next to the bore clean and you should be OK. Additionally, if my finger nail can't loosen the stuck case I use a small pickle fork to extract it. Hope these suggestions work for you.

Basic Member
    Revive a 3+ year old thread for comment on a 20-round rifle OR for ammo advice ? ? ? Really ? ? ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
    Revive a 3+ year old thread for comment on a 20-round rifle OR for ammo advice ? ? ? Really ? ? ?
    I completely missed the date and I agree with you.

I spray all my 22lr match ammo with food grade silicone. Solved all my extraction problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12