Thread: For those interested in joining the NRA

For those interested in joining the NRA

I think I remember mentioning in the Introduce Yourself thread about me being an NRA Recruiter. If not, now everyone knows,

If interested in joining the NRA (or renewing) you can go to: https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ignid=XP030129

Current special being offered is a Life Membership for only $600 (when paid in full at time of sign up).

Not a life member , but paid up through 2021 . . . which may be the same. ;-)
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    Not a life member , but paid up through 2021 . . . which may be the same. ;-)
    True Dat.

I'm only paid up through 2020 but feel the same as Stump

A quick Google search and the use of a calculator shows about 42% of US households own guns. Current US population as about 325.7 million, but only 5 million belong to the NRA. That’s about 0.02% of the US population. What is wrong with this picture? There is no excuse in this day and age to not belong to the NRA if you are a gun owner.

Basic Member
    So if I'm getting the right message here, there appears to be some question in some minds as to the continued existence of the NRA?
    Are we also conceding that we were asleep so long that it's now not possible for a course change?

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    So if I'm getting the right message here, there appears to be some question in some minds as to the continued existence of the NRA?
    Are we also conceding that we were asleep so long that it's now not possible for a course change?
    Hmm. Well I think apathy or complacency may be better than "asleep" but that someones with a lot of money have the NRA in their sights is a fact and it is not yet clear how that will all shake out. I rejoined after years of being out....apparently a lot of folks did the same. Hope so.

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=wbm;433394]Hmm. Well I think apathy or complacency may be better than "asleep" but that someones with a lot of money have the NRA in their sights is a fact and it is not yet clear how that will all shake out. I rejoined after years of being out....apparently a lot of folks did the same. Hope so.[/QUOTE

Well use whatever term you prefer, but fact is the money interests on all sides have had their sights on many things here for a long while. I don't think at this point they have at least openly targeted the NRA, because of the backlash they know would follow.
    But have no doubt that what were seeing play out in Washington, has in actual fact little to do with the president, and everything to do with the change in direction he has in mind for the country. We are winning this thing, and the evidence of that is becoming more visable each day. He was supposed to be gone by now and he isn't. Plus he still has his ammo, and appears to be gaining more, maybe even much more.
    If the Korean trip goes well, there will be lots of hangovers in Washington, and probably shortly after, a few less hangers on.
    Timing is everything, and nobody knows that better than him.
    I think there will be some concessions made with regard to some types of guns, and Trump has shown signs he will support that.
    Before its over they will be feeding on each other.

Well use whatever term you prefer, but fact is the money interests on all sides have had their sights on many things here for a long while. I don't think at this point they have at least openly targeted the NRA, because of the backlash they know would follow.
    The money thing is what really interests me and how rapidly the focus of the Parkland debacle shifted from failure of law enforcement to blaming the NRA. They had a "plan in a can" and mainstream media was ready and willing to implement it for them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    The money thing is what really interests me and how rapidly the focus of the Parkland debacle shifted from failure of law enforcement to blaming the NRA. They had a "plan in a can" and mainstream media was ready and willing to implement it for them.
    I'm not much over 100 miles north of Parkland. Theres still a lot going on localy that isn't being reported nationally. The sheriffs head will roll, and i doubt it will be much longer. Little is being said about the prior administrations program in place there, that along with his help allowed for the perp to have his guns in the first place. The media has chosen sides as usual, but i doubt much real money is being invested there. The money will flow heavily however when the senate race heats up. Look for that one to get very ugly and very expensive.
    The big money is focused mainly on one thing right now and that's amnesty, and before that can happen Trump has to go.

How did the "no confidence vote" go with the Sheriff?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    How did the "no confidence vote" go with the Sheriff?
    Last i heard it wasent looking good for the sheriff, but then i don't watch any tv at all, and the sources i do follow haven't reported on that yet. I think that could be the final nail for him. He has accused them of only doing the vote because they want a pay raise.

Politics aside, I got my life membership on the way to Vietnam.

I figured that by going with the installment plan, I could minimize the investment if my lifetime turned out to be shorter than the payment time.

Turns out the investment in NRA was pretty good!

I got my life membership on the way to Vietnam....Turns out the investment in NRA was pretty good!
    Pretty good indeed! By the way. Welcome home brother.