Thread: Trigger/boresighting on Axis XP

Basic Member

Trigger/boresighting on Axis XP

New member here. Just purchased an Axis XP 6.5 Creedmoor for a "beater" rifle. Pleasantly surprised but a few questions.
    Read an article that factory boresight would get me on paper at 100 yards (Weaver 3X9 installed). Not true..probably 6+ inches left of paper (observed by range officer). Boresighted it myself and got within 4" of desired zero.
    Trigger (not accutrigger) pull tested at 4.3#'s. I feel a slight click or notch as trigger is pulled as if it had a set trigger, let off is with a skooch more pull. Called factory today and was told that this was not normal..I have never owned a rifle with a set trigger, but I like this feature. Anyone else find this on your rifle??
    Bought the rifle (less than $300 with scope) to leave at ranch for sons/grandsons that forget either rifles or ammo. Changed mind, I think I will hunt with it in upcoming season; shot a sub minute group first time out with Hornaday ELDX ammo.

Basic Member
    ​Wouldn't hurt to pull the stock off and inspect the trigger to see if something out of the ordinary is visible.

Basic Member
    A couple of the Axis/scope combo rifles I have bought had the scope mounts wiggling around. I would not trust the factory mounting for squat. If you want to use them I would use some blue loctite, snug everything down, and boresight it using my neighbor's roof line at 80 yards out ;-) Works every time...