Thread: 110 ba trigger failures

jpeoples

110 ba trigger failures

Need some advice...

A couple of weeks ago, the Accutrigger on my 110 BA would not release the sear. Savage Customer Service said that we had a bad trigger assembly and to have our gunsmith request a new one. Well, guess what?? After shooting 8 rounds of HSM 300 gr ammo today, the new trigger assembly also failed in the same fashion. It will only operate if the chamber is empty...

Which trigger would be a good replacement?? SSS or Timney

Team Savage

Re: 110 ba trigger failures

sss would be my first choice,
    but you my want to tighten your pull weight up first

sounds like you have it adjusted too low. turn it in a half turn or so and try it again.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

bodywerks

Don't waste your time. Get a SSS and be done with it. Its a half-hour install and you will be happy you did it.

jpeoples

We tried adjusting the pull weight on both the original and the replacement accutriggers but it didn't help. That is when Savage said that it was a bad assembly. Think I will just go ahead and get the SSS trigger and call it a day.

Thanks for the responses.

Uncle Jack

I would be inclined to ship it back to Savage. Let them figure out WTF is wrong. There is no reason for you to pay extra money to fix it.

For what you paid for a 110BA, you should at least get a rifle that will go bang on a regular basis.

uj

jpeoples

Spoke with Savage Customer Service This morning and they are guessing that it is a combination of bad parts and incorrect adjustments so they are having UPS pick up the rifle tomorrow. We will remove the Nightforce and BORS and stuff it back in the original shipping box and have the dealer ship it back. Savage CS stated that they would find the problem, fix it and test fire it multiple time to make sure the problem has been corrected before shipping it back to my dealer.

If that doesn't work, we definitely will replace the trigger with a SSS competition trigger as recommended by Lisa at SSS.

I ordered the 110 BA in February, received it in June and now we are approaching October and I still don't have a working as specified rifle. Is this normal for Savage?
    > > > > >

bodywerks

No its not normal and it surprises me that this problem wasn't discovered when they test fired it prior to leaving the factory.

hailstone

Testing at the factory would be limited too the proof load. I believe this is one round fired at whatever the proof pressure the manufacturer specifies for there firearm. Therefore it could work normally for that one proof round.

jpeoples

Savage Customer Service did say that they use a "medium speed" (whatever that means) 250 gr proof round for all of their tests so I offered to have my dealer send him some of the HSM 300 gr rounds that I use along with the rifle and they declined. My dealer/Gunsmith will put several rounds up the pipe after Savage sends it back and if it fails again, they will replace the Accutrigger with the SSS competition trigger.

BillPa

IIRC, Fred stated the rifles were proof/test fired using a pneumatic fixture in place of the trigger group which is installed later during production, so its entirely possible an issue with the trigger/action found it's was out the door.

If you go to the SavageShooters home page, Fred posted a picture of the fixture and a short description.

Bill