Thread: chassis for 12fv

chassis for 12fv

Im sure this has been asked before but can't seem to find it. Also posted this question in the wrong section so I am rewriting it. What chassis can I use on the 12fv? Would like to build it similar to the stealth including the top rail. I can't seem to find info on what chassis the stealth is in and if any of them work with the heavy barrel. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dawson55 View Post
    Im sure this has been asked before but can't seem to find it. Also posted this question in the wrong section so I am rewriting it. What chassis can I use on the 12fv? Would like to build it similar to the stealth including the top rail. I can't seem to find info on what chassis the stealth is in and if any of them work with the heavy barrel. thanks in advance
    When I was shopping for a chassis for my 12FV, I landed on Masterpiece Arms BA Lite as the one that would get my dollars. I called them and asked a few questions, got answers. I since invested in a Tikka, so I never purchased it.

Here is a link showing the 12 action in their chassis: "https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-lite-pcr-competition-rifle/"

Hoped this helped point you in the right direction.

Basic Member
    The MDT chassis will work with any of the short action savages.

Welcome to the Barrel Nut...MDT gets my vote.
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Basic Member
    I just put the MDT on my 12FV, love it. Their new Gen2 has a longer forearm, big plus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180122_150859.jpg   IMG_20180122_150757.jpg  

Basic Member
    Just put mine in MDT LSS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	4607

Basic Member
    I'll throw another mdt vote in. If XLR has one compatible with your action they get a vote as well. Also Mcrees, very solid if you like the looks of them. If yours is a 26" varmint barrel barrel like mine is I suggest getting one with a long fore end. Will help with stability when shooting. Also will control muzzle jump when using a bipod due to it being positioned further forward.

The more space between your front rest/bipod and rear rest the better your rifle will handle before and after the shot