Thread: Looking For List of Savage "Exclusives"

Basic Member

Looking For List of Savage "Exclusives"

Like the title asks, is there a list somewhere? I ended up eventually getting a model 10 FCP-SR in 6.5CM last year but only after bumping into someone else with one at the range. I had no idea they were available at the time, wasn't listed on the website. It's still nowhere to be found on the Savage website, so, I guess it's an "exclusive" for a dealer. I didn't notice when I purchased it off Gunbroker but, I guess thats most likely reason why?

So I called Savage, and spoke to a woman in the parts department to see about any other possible new "exclusives" this year. Apparently that was the wrong department for that type of inquiry and she had zero interest in looking it up or suggesting where I may be able to find the answer. Zero. None!

That's my story and how I ended up here...............

Basic Member
    Cabelas and Dicks get exclusive rifles. Not sure of any other stores.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Cabelas and Dicks get exclusive rifles. Not sure of any other stores.

Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Angermanagement View Post
    It's a confusing one no doubt. Savage produced that model in various flavors over the years and a number of them were dealer exclusives. Much has to do with the tangled web of gun laws in cities, and states across the country. Cabelas from what I can tell sold that one you refer to as a T10 with a 4 round mag, no threaded barrel or fluting originally and in a diff barrel length. Cabelas and others cater to the laws across the country where they sell, ie mag sizes etc.

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/ri...10-fcp-sr.html I think this link gives details in that comparison.

The best way to keep up with the offerings is to search their current year offerings, usually right after Shot show when they publish them.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/sav...#axzz57Ulkql3k

Welcome to the Savage rubber room...lol
    The dealer exclusives have little do to with local laws in most cases. There are basically two ways they come about...

1. Large chain (Dick's, Cabela's, etc) or a major distributor (Jerry's, Lipsey's, etc) contact Savage and say "We want something special, something no one else is going to have." They spit out a few details on what they think will sell well or how they want it configured, Savage gives them a bulk volume price, and if it's agreeable they place the order for them.

2. Savage has a surplus of parts they need to get rid of for whatever reason so they build them into rifles and offer them up to one of the big players at a very attractive price.

The Model 10T and 10VT's are recent examples of guns that fall under #1 above.

The Model 14W's that were sold through Jerry's back in 2005 or 2006 are an example of #2. They were short-action only, used large shank barrels, and had a Turkish walnut stock that wasn't found on any other model offered (this was the sugar to attract a buyer). Basically the actions for these guns were supposed to be for the 10ML-II muzzleloader (hence the large barrel shank and the M serial number prefix), but someone screwed up and cut a magazine port in the bottom of them so they couldn't be used for the muzzleloader. Rather than scrapping them Savage repurposed them under the guise of an exclusive.

This is likely also part of the reasoning behind the recent deal at Cabela's on the 12FV even though that isn't an exclusive model. Savage knew they were switching over to new synthetic stocks for 2018 and wanted to dump off the remaining inventory of the old style stocks so they offered Cabela's a special price on a model using them. Best way there is to get rid of a surplus of obsolete inventory.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

The same on the 12 FCV - yes, but it's replacement has already hit the market in the new Model 110 Varmint which has the new adjustable AccuFit stock.

http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/110Varmint

Savage has chosen to update their model line to the new 110 nomenclature in steps so there's going to be some overlap as we see here. In the end all of the 110-based models will end up being transitioned over to the new nomenclature. Depending on parts supply, some of the older models may hang around longer than others while those parts are used up. They might offer them as "exclusives" to big-box stores after the new models come out, or they may just list them in tandem - it's anyone's guess at this point.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Apparently some people just never learn.

Angermanagement = Angermanager = SuperCub = AK49Shooter

Keep trying to dodge that ban bud, all you're accomplishing is showing everyone else I was right to do so in the first place.