Thread: Primary Arms' New Scopes

Primary Arms' New Scopes

So, I was browsing Primary Arms' website a few days ago. Their site obviously monitors the user's browsing, and, if the user's logged in, it will send an email the next day about the product saying "This is pretty awesome". Being a smart alec, I replied to the email saying that bringing back the R-Grid reticle would be even more awesome. Well, lo and behold! Their new product website has a number of exciting items.

• The return of the R-Grid. The R-Grid 2B looks a great deal like the first R-Grid, but the "Christmas tree" seems to have been trimmed down and straightened out. The matrix of crosses has been replaced with pips of two different sizes. They seem a bit fine and possibly easy to lose sight of, but I also trust PA's design team and definitely agree it presents a cleaner look. I'm also glad to see the ACSS chevron and rangefinders are still there.
    • The 3-18x50mm FFP. It doesn't seem to be replacing the Platinum or the standard 4-14x44mm FFP scopes, both of which still have a place on the product site. I don't know if this combination is meant to compete with the bigger Athlons, but it is substantially more expensive than the Athlon Argos and less expensive than the Athlon Ares, which it resembles more closely. In either case, it doesn't seem to come off the same line as the 4-14x44mm FFPs and costs about twice as much.
    • The PrimaryArmsOptics.com website. Obviously this is a vendor site, but it's still interesting to see all of their offerings. I notice some products appear to have stock photos that don't match the products. For example, the standard 4-14x44mm FFP mil-dot scope has an illumination rheostat, but the scope itself is not illuminated.

Basic Member
    They're still confusing Precision Rifle Reticles and AR CQB Reticles trying to mesh the 2 ideas together.... The R-Grid is a good reticle accept for the fact that they waste a lot of space with that big center ring that could be utilized for some .2 mil hash marks for precise wind holds and corrections. But if they are finally putting the RGrid in their higher magnification scopes it shows that they are listening to their customer base and that's a good thing!