Thread: Vibratory Tumbler Motor

Basic Member

Vibratory Tumbler Motor

I have a Midway tumbler that I bought from Larry Potterfield 19 years ago this month. It finally quit working yesterday. I can't imagine how many hours it has run and how many cases I have cleaned with it over that past 19 years. I have three bowls for it and it would seem an easy motor replacement if I could find a suitable one for a decent price. I've done some looking online for replacement motors and have found several recommendations. I have not, however found anybody saying that they found a motor, replaced it, and had it work like a new one. Does anyone have any experience doing this? It just seems a shame to throw out the tumbler and three bowls for lack of a replacement motor. I see the Frankford Arsenal tumbler is on Amazon now for $40. I'd like to fix my Midway tumbler but will buy new if it is impractical. Thanks!!

Basic Member
    A replacement motor will cost more than $40.00. Buy a compatible tumbler and use your extra bowls on it. I just replaced the motor on my industrial grade Burr King tumbler. It was $180.00.....but that tumbler is built like a Mack truck and cost $700.00.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Did you find any markings on the motor itself ? You might look for a motor shop near you...they can likely rebuild it. I suspect the brushes are toast which should be an easy fix.

Basic Member
    A friend of mine had one of those early models go belly up a few years back and he says he was told it had a lifetime warranty. He contacted Midway to get a new motor and they sent him a Frankfort Arsenal for shipping costs according to him. Worth a phone call