Thread: 60 Minutes article about Concealed Carry Reciprocity

60 Minutes article about Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Who all has seen the article done by 60 Minutes concerning Concealed Carry Reciprocity?

I DVR'd it & just got done watching it. Although they interviewed Tim Schmidt, Founder & President of USCCA, the feeling I got about it is that they were trying to discredit everything both Tim & Representative Hudson said which was in favor of Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity. I noticed that during the piece, they made a few errors as to firearm safety, as they showed several people shooting at the range that had ear protection but no eye protection while shooting.

I know of several law enforcement that are happy that there are responsibly armed citizens, & would accept their assistance should the need arise. The gal interviewed from the Giffords Law Center, likely got her law degree from a Cracker Jack box, with all the anti-firearm statements she made.

Every time a show like 20/20 or 60 minutes does anything firearms related they're trying to discredit the pro-gun side of the debate. It's what they do.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

There is definitely more than what was shown, as according to https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...70&pnref=story the "60 Minutes" crew did an interview with a panel of The Well Armed Woman at NRA Headquarters & non of that footage made it into the segment as it did not fit the agenda of what they were wanting to portray.

It's a common theme these days to omit what does not support your view, or twist the facts to support a position you want to "push". The news people do not report the whole story, just what will get the ratings.

Basic Member
    60 Minutes has ALWAYS reported one side of the story--the side they support. That is why I stopped watching that show in the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    60 Minutes has ALWAYS reported one side of the story--the side they support. That is why I stopped watching that show in the 1970's.
    Plus one!
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~