Thread: Axis II Accutrigger parts

Basic Member

Axis II Accutrigger parts

I know there’s a parts list for accutriggers on the home page, but the sear and sear spring listed won’t work on the Axis II. Does anyone have a part number or parts list for the aluminum trigger housing on the Axis II?

Basic Member
    Talked to Savage last week. Apparently you have to send the rifle in and they will repair or replace the aluminum trigger housing if it is broken or malfunctioning. They said they will not send the part out, even to a gunsmith or FFL! They've got their bases covered on swapping out housings it sounds like.

The Axis and Axis II sear, sear spring, and trigger housing should be the same. That said, I don't know the part number for any of them!

Bummer they won't sell those parts as needed, but I guess they need to protect themselves.

Basic Member
    Yea. Kinda what I was thinking. The housing may very well be the same. The only reference I have to go by besides eyeballing it was the fact that the accutrigger I have to install is the same one from the home page where the article mentions grinding down the two humps on the side of the trigger. Maybe the actual Axis II trigger is different. I’m not sure. I didn’t take my Axis II trigger apart to compare them. I do know the accutrigger I bought has a trigger spring that doesn’t line up with the spring pocket on the Axis housing. It put the spring at a slight angle. Yea it’d probably work but I wasn’t comfortable with that.