First off this may be entirely my fault, although I'm not as dumb as I seem.

So decided I wanted to try a Timney in my 12FV. Got one on sale and it arrived today.

Instructions are pretty straightforward. Got it in and started adjusting pull weight. Had it set fairly light and it had a tendency to slam fire. Set it a little stiffer, adjusted safety sear, all good. Still would slam fire if I really jammed the bolt hard but decided maybe it was because the action was exposed.

Put the stock back on and now the safety won't engage/disengage. Take the stock off, verify the sear is set properly, verify safety works and adjustment is set properly, everything seems to be good, put stock back on, no movement of safety.....Keep in mind I've been playing with this for a while now and I'm pissed. Tried adjusting everything a little stiffer, all specs out, put it in the stock, safety still won't move. Now I'm over it.

Put the accutrigger back on and everything works great. I even decided that other than disliking the initial trigger "safety" mechanism it's actually a pretty nice trigger. I have it set as light as it will go which is supposed to be 1.5 lbs and it's growing on me.

So am I missing something or is the Timney a $90 waste of money for the 12FV accutrigger? I have to believe I may be missing something with all the rave reviews Timmy's get, but I'm not convinced the Timney is a huge improvement over the 12FV accutrigger at this point.