Thread: Anyone here own an acufit rifle yet?

Basic Member

Anyone here own an acufit rifle yet?

Curious what you think about it so far! I think this is going to be my next varmit rifle.

i dont have one, but i am thinking about getting one also. im interested in the predator hunter or the long range hunter. i would like to hear some thoughts on them before i jump in and buy one.

Got ready to buy a Savage 116 FCSS Weather Warrior in 7mm-08 in January, 2018. When I checked the Savage web site to get the model number and specs, I learned that they only offer that rifle in 4 calibers now, and 7mm-08 is not one of them. I contacted Savage and learned via email reply that I could still get this rifle in the new Storm 110. After checking it out, I asked how they could offer the rifle with 9 insert pieces and fasteners for $90 less than the Weather Warrior without reducing quality. They replied that the only thing changed was the stock? I can see that, but the material must be cheaper. I am concerned about the quality of the new stock.

Does the new acufit stock have an aluminum bedding channel? I would surmise not. That’s probably the price difference. The FCSS you were looking at I believe was an accustock rifle.

Edit: Well I just watched a promo video for the accufit and unless I mis-heard they say it’s an accustock.

Why are they offering the guns so inexpensive? Sales have subsided and everyone of those 60 million people that bought guns for the first time or hoarded several are now getting rid of them because shooting was either too expensive too time consuming, the demand and prices waned or shooting was not their bag.

To ad insult to injury many of the gun companies were bought out by big holding/investment companies over the last decade. They have only money in the game, not much passion or personal drive. Its dump and buy into the next big thing. This mentality we will find does not serve our economy well for the long run.

I remember twenty years ago a boss gave me some tapes to listen to. It was all about the future of manufacturing. Everything was based on constant changing markets and adaptability.....oh crud. There I go again.

Just received a110 desert tactical 6mm creedmor, I am so far very impressed, the varying combs fit correctly,and solidly with ease of change. I was able to get the perfect cheek weld through the center of scope,which sets pretty high atop the factory rail with low rings. Ran a few patches through, adjusted trigger which was simple breaks at 20 oz. Torqued action screws as instructions on this sight.
    Took to range,put 6 shots through it getting a feel for the rifle, and trigger shooting at 100 yards grouped less than 1moa. I rested a bit, settled my heartbeat, and the rifle a 3 shot cloverleaf just a little bigger than a ragged hole.
    I would not let myself try for 5 factory 103 gr. Eldx 28 degrees wind L-R 7-10 Vortex 6.5-20x44 Would be happy to send pic of target if interested 406 939 0463
    l own a few fair quality rifles, nearly went in another direction in this caliber, had so much fun setting this up personalizing it and shooting it, it has paid for itself. Hoping it will shoot 75, and 87 gr. Vmax bullets as well.
    Sometimes I would like to touch a prairie dog the 204 can't quite reach.

I also just got the 110 desert tactical. Shot it for the first time yesterday. It is my first savage so I can't compare to the other plastic stocks. The length of pull was good but I needed raise the comb height. Very easy and now its perfect. I am really liking it. Once I got it zeroed the first few shots were a little scattered at a little over an inch but the last 4 made one ragged hole.