Thread: Athlon Argos 6-24x50 elevation clicks

Athlon Argos 6-24x50 elevation clicks

Bought a brand new Argos for a smoking deal, couldn’t pass up the the two Benjamin’s! Figured I could run it through it’s paces against the other arsenal of scope I have.
    To my point, I am confused on the listing on the website and manual. It states there are 60MOA or 17.5mil in vertical travel. Now I know most listings are conservative, but I clicked out 84.75MOA!
    Let me say, I never run a optic in the last 10% of travel due to the excess stress this puts on the optic. I was going to run 20MOA rail but now with the unclaimed MOA of the Argos I will be setting it up to a 30 MOA rail.
    Did anyone else notice this? Or is this Argos screwed up and that’s why I got a good deal?

I've run into that before with import scopes. My old Redfield Battlezone, for example, had almost twice as many clicks as the documentation said it should. It also appeared to adjust through the entire range, so it wasn't that there were phantom clicks that didn't correspond to reticle movement. It may be that manufacturers use lower numbers for their adjustment ranges because that's the "sweet spot" for their mechanical systems. Did the scope track equally through the entire 84+ MOA? It may be that outside of the inner 60 MOA, the erector assemblies can't be relied upon to track consistently. I don't know; I have't run box drills at the extremes of my cheap scopes' adjustment ranges.

DrThunder is correct. In fact, after installing my 30 MOA rings, I adjusted way way down to about 15MOA off top.

1st shot 6” low at 50 yards
    Adjusted for 100yds, so that’s 28 clicks. Tried to cut it in half to be 3” low.

2nd shot 5” low. At this point two things crossed my mind, 1 scope is junked. 2 ghost click. Adjusted another 28 clicks.

3rd shot was 1/2-1/4” high. Fined tuned from there.

I will say I think it has at least 60MOA of adjustment. I do not think it has 70 though.

Overall first impressions of the Athlon is good. I have vortex optics and this thing currently is very close. Vortex is slightly more clear but it’s hard to tell unless they are side by side. We will see how it does out to 1000 yards in a couple weeks.

Basic Member
    I have found the Athlon Argos to be more clear than my Vortex Viper HST. Just curious what lighting conditions and zoom did you compare them in? I have 3 vipers and just bought my second Argos, both the most recent run of them, and I have been curious if the difference is simply because the newest vortex is 8 months old or if it's the conditions when comparing or if it's to the point where every product simply being slightly unique has come into play.

I have a viper and a Crossfire. The Athlon is more clear then my Gen2 viper, appears to be just as the Crossfire. I REALLY like how easy the Athlon is to find eye relief and hold the picture in the scope with little movement. It has more freedom of movement then my viper. The viper it takes very little to get out of line and lose target picture.