First off I'm really happy with the accuracy of my 12FV. Got it dialed in and shooting out to 1220 yards the other day and everything was right in the world.

I'm fine with the factory stock, but a little surprised by how much the POI changed when I took it off and out it back on. It was all dialed in hitting bullseye at 100, and after taking off the stock/putting back on, it shot to the right a couple inches forcing me to have to re-zero. Shooting long range requires a solid zero otherwise you're dope is useless.

I called around to ask about some stocks made by a local gunsmith. He touted his custom stocks as being better than most because aluminum blocks cause POI changes with heat/temp changes. All great info, but he sells his stocks for $600, double what I paid for the gun in the first place!

That led me to look at some aftermarket stocks within a reasonable price. Not a fan of Boyd's laminate stocks so ruled those out. B&C seem alright but way too heavy for an already heavy gun that I plan to hunt with. Some other options out there but starting to get into the $400 and up range.

That gets me to my next course of action, bedding the cheap plastic stock. Have you done it? Did it work and stick to the plastic? Can you maintain repeatable POI when removing the stock and putting it back on? I've done a little research and seeing mixed results.

It's not the end of the world, I mean realistically I won't have to remove the stock very often and now I know that can cause a POI change. Just want to see if there are some tricks to getting consistent POI hits if the stock has to be removed and put back on without re-zeroing.