Thread: Stevens 325A Front site replacement _ Revial of Old Thread

Stevens 325A Front site replacement _ Revial of Old Thread

CZVZ wrote:

Hello, I recently picked up a Stevens 325A/.30-30. When I brought it to the range, I ran various loads through it, and found no matter what load, it shot 18" low! This is with the rear sight set as high as it would go on the step/ramp. after looking at Numrich web site, it seems the Savage 219 site, is a direct replacement.... as well as a few others for a 325A. I have a 219 so I stared and compared the height on each.... Savage 219 = .470" off the barrel to top of site and the Stevens 325A = .580" off the barrel to top of site. I believe the site on the Stevens 325A is not the factory installed site and was swapped out by the previous owner. So my question..... is there a after market site, that is plug and play for the 325A? Preferably with windage adjustment and fiber optic. The rearsite on my 325A is the screw on version with a "Pin" thus there is no adjustment for windage, also, my 55 year old eyes don't lend themselves well to Irons, so fiber optic is desired. I'm open to any other ideas to get this thing to shoot to point of aim, without breaking the bank, perhaps a aftermarket rearsite????? I have looked through Midway and Brownells, and can't find anything that's just right.

Thanks
    CZVZ

New member, just found this thread. I have a Savage model 340A. I have 2 original sights (.365) for it that I purchased from Numrich but I need a larger sight for my peep sight. I would be happy to swap one of mine with a grip cap and liner for yours.

I have pics but Photobucket is fighting me, I can send it to you. Old thread, hope you still have that sight.

This is the .580 that Numrich lists but is always out of stock ... I covet this sight. It states that it is for a 325 as well .. high hopes.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/155020A