Thread: Hello from Arizona

Hello from Arizona

Hello all. Happy to be a new forum member and Team Savage Member. I have been into edged weapons and archery since 8 years old and firearms since about 14. I don't hunt yet but plan on going on a boar hunt here in AZ soon. I am primarily a target shooter that grew tired of the AR platforms and handguns. I have quite a large collection of firearms and ammo and enjoy teaching and sharing my passion with my sons. The wife despises the money I spend and time on what I truly love so that is often dodging rain drops for me but oh well. Neither her or any governmental agency will infringe on my rights to own and love this true American freedom. I am teaching and nurturing the next generation in this right and there is no turning that back.

I recently became a huge fan and proud owner of 3 savage rifles. I was out of bolt action for 11 years after a Remington 700P 300 wm nightmare. First the nib rifle reciever scope mount hole were drilled off center, Sent back and Rem. replaced the reciever. First shot through gun ended with the bolt locked and could not budge, this with Hornady factory ammo. After that I waited til recently I watched youtube and TNP drew my interest in the 110 fcp hs in 338lm. Well it has been all Savage since and 3 rifles later I have quite a powerful collection. I have a 110 fcp hs in 338lm, 110 ba stealth in 300wm, and my favorite the 111 hog hunter in 338 wm. All have Vortex optics. I love to customize and can be frugal and ocd so I made some unique mods. I bought a new hs precision stock for the 110 ba in 300wm and installed it with accurate mag metal. Now I have a oem blu printed action, threaded fluted barrel and break on my version of a 110 fcp hs in 300 wm. The horrific hog hunter plastic stock was swapped with the stealth chassis off the 110 ba stealth and now I have a truly unique hog hunter with a detachable mag, collapsible stock, and a truly small powerful package. Truth is I am not a fan of the chassis but on the hog hunter with the 20 inch barrel with the adjustable sights it is looks like it was meant to be on. Oh and the 300wm mag works fine with the 338wm.

So that's it and I truly love my Savage rifles and I am happy to be a Team Member.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along

Team Savage
    howdy