Thread: Mark II Fv-Sr

Mark II Fv-Sr

I'm new here so please be patient.
    I purchased a Mark II Fv-Sr that was new used, 50 rds through it according to the PO.
    I decided to clean it before taking it for a run. The action seamed stiff at first before the cleaning, but it's much smoother now. What I did notice is when I release the action and start to slide it to the rear it was hitting something that lifted the action slightly. I removed the bolt and noticed that the firing pin block had been peened over on the beveled edge where it was hitting on one of the barrel screws. I put some blue chalk on the slide and ran the action a few times and you can clearly see where it's hitting the screw that's protruding through the barrel.

Does anyone think it's a bad idea to remove the screw and either take it down a little (file some off), or remove it and loctite it with less torque this time??
    I'll try to post pictures.

Basic Member

Mark II Fv-Sr

Quote Originally Posted by peter41692 View Post
    ...you can clearly see where it's hitting the screw that's protruding through the barrel.

I'll try to post pictures.
    I'm sorry no one has yet responded to you (I'm new around here too lol). But what you're describing doesn't make much sense to me. I think your whole post uses incorrect terms to describe parts. ...like when you say the "action" moves up or down, or the screw protruding thru the "barrel".

I other words, you need to post some pics. Or a YouTube vid?

In own a mk2 Fv sr w the threaded bbl and I love the gun. I mean I love it, and I've been wanting to put a better stock on it for a while. Shoots cheap ammo I get from from PSA fantastically.

Mine has some plastic or nylon pillars attached to the action (that action screws go in) if I recall correctly. Haven't looked at it recently. But I can't quite imagine what you're describing. If I had to guess, I'd say one of the action screws was simply over-torqued too far into the action and getting in way of bolt, but I don't actually think that is possible w those plastic pillars. So, idk.

Maybe take a step back from the whole thing and try to get a "big picture" view of exactly what's going on w the gun and then of what the problem is.