Thread: Long range hunter replacement stock

Long range hunter replacement stock

Hi all, hopin you good folks here can help me out. I am currently looking at rebarreling my long range hunter from 300 WM to 264 WM. I have been scouring the net trying to find an aftermarket stock that will fit this rifle as the previous owner did not treat the factory stock well. Emailed boyds, and due to the drop plate configuration, they don't make a stock to fit. I emailed a local distributer askong about the new accufit stock and was told all they could find was accufit for the 111 trophy hunter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. would need to be available up here in Canada!!!

Thanks
    Chris

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    Hi all, hopin you good folks here can help me out. I am currently looking at rebarreling my long range hunter from 300 WM to 264 WM. I have been scouring the net trying to find an aftermarket stock that will fit this rifle as the previous owner did not treat the factory stock well. Emailed boyds, and due to the drop plate configuration, they don't make a stock to fit. I emailed a local distributer askong about the new accufit stock and was told all they could find was accufit for the 111 trophy hunter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. would need to be available up here in Canada!!!

Thanks
    Chris
    I bought a Hogue Full Bedded stock from Optics Planet and then mailed it to CDI Precision in FL. Just got it back today and it's a good looking job.

My base rifle was the 111 Trophy DOA 300wm. It came with the all plastic bottom metal and magazine. CDI Precision makes the metal parts to convert it to the detachable AICS mags. I bought a Magpul mag and it fits well. I highly recommend Jeffrey Allen at CDI Precision. They also fit their parts to your stock for free and shipping is about $12. A great deal considering the precise way they inlet the stock. http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/

Any of the Boyds stocks that will fit a L/A DBM will fit the L/A hinged floorplate as the bottom metal uses the exact same inlet.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain