Thread: Spotting scope value

Basic Member

Spotting scope value

This isn't for sale. Didn't think I should put this is the for sale section. If it should be moved. please do. Trying to decide whether to hang on to or sell at sometime. I am no longer shooting, but may get back into sometime.
    Found very little on line to help me out. Older Tasco Japan model 34T 25x50 with a mini tripod in great condition w/ original box, if that matters. One page manual was printed 1982, so I assume this is early eighties vintage.
    Is it only worth a few bucks? May not be worth much due to what shipping costs would add.
    Any opinions?
    Last edited by WV1951; 02-04-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Basic Member
    pic added

Best place to look for pricing info on something like that is going to be Ebay, and then it's still all a matter of what someone's actually willing to give for it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Not to sound crass, which it probably does, but worth only what somebody might be willing to pay.
    Much better known scopes are selling on Ebay for peanuts.
    I recently bought an older Bushnell Sentry model in mint condition for the starting bid of $13 since i was the only bidder.
    Now think about this, the guy had to pay ebay for selling it, then ship it to me, so was it even worth the trouble?
    I would just keep the scope, use it for bird watching, or maybe even on a trip to a beach or somewhere, it could be usefull.
    I even keep a small one on my boat for spying on other anglers. If their hanging in one spot very long, i wanna know why.
    Get a car window mount for it on ebay, and keep it handy, you might be glad you kept it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Best place to look for pricing info on something like that is going to be Ebay, and then it's still all a matter of what someone's actually willing to give for it.
    Very familiar with that routine. It is so old there are none in the pipeline.

Yobuk, pretty much what I thought, but thought maybe someone had experience with one and would weigh in. I figured after shipping is added, it wouldn't be worth trying to peddle.

I'll hang on to.