Thread: Stock for Model 11 with detachable magazine???

bryan72d

Stock for Model 11 with detachable magazine???

Who makes a stock for model 11s with the detachable magazine? I haven't found any. Plenty for blind magazines and hinged floor plates. The factory plastic stock is too flexible and drives me nuts. A regular Bell and Carlson would be great, I'm not looking for anything crazy or fancy.

Thanks,

Bryan

Aggie04

Re: Stock for Model 11 with detachable magazine???

I have a 111FCNS in 270WSM with a DBM. I was looking for a replacement stock as well. I wanted a synthetic stock like a Bell & Carlson or H&S Precision, which would fit my action, but the barrel channel on all the models that would fit were for a bull barrel rather than my magnum sporter (or your sporter barrel). I don't think I would of been happy with the huge gap in the barrel channel.

After looking around, I settled on a stock from Richards Microfit (the Marksman model). They said they could inlet it for DBM, so I ordered one from them. The wait time was about 8 weeks and when I got it, they forgot to inlet for the DBM. They were very helpful and nice when sending it back and my new stock should be in the mail. I'll let you know how it turns out when i get it in the mail.

bryan72d

Thanks. I'll look for your report!

So did the Ags get lucky squeaking past FIU? A buddy was at the game and mentioned sweating it out for a bit.

Thanks,

Bryan

Aggie04

I had to listen to the game on the radio.... HORRIBLE GAME! We were 27 point favorites and ended up trailing most of the game. Hopefully a week off will do them some good.

knowolive2000

Aggie,

I want to put a bull barrel on a Model 111 FCNS 30-06 with a detachable magazine. The Accustock barrel channel is too narrow. You mention wide channel stocks in your response to bryan72d. I'm having the same problem as him. All the stocks are for hinged floor plates. Do you know of a stock source for a 30-06 long action, detachable magazine with a wide barrel channel? I see other stock makers are making their version of the Accustock with the metal bed - I'm looking for a stock that has a rigid metal bed so the barrel will be free floating.

Thanks

ddfirehog

you can contact Hogue and order a stock from them directly, they have some piller bedded stocks on the shelf now . the bad news is they will charge you retail some where around $150 , if you can wait a little longer approx. 30 days they will be releasing them out to the wholesalers in the full bedded models.if you can wait to get them from the dealers you will get them at alot better price.

Aggie04

Quote Originally Posted by knowolive2000
    Aggie,

I want to put a bull barrel on a Model 111 FCNS 30-06 with a detachable magazine. The Accustock barrel channel is too narrow. You mention wide channel stocks in your response to bryan72d. I'm having the same problem as him. All the stocks are for hinged floor plates. Do you know of a stock source for a 30-06 long action, detachable magazine with a wide barrel channel? I see other stock makers are making their version of the Accustock with the metal bed - I'm looking for a stock that has a rigid metal bed so the barrel will be free floating.

Thanks
    Knowolive,

I had been looking at stocks from Stocky's. I actually emailed them to see which stocks fit my action and they were very helpful in sending me a list of stocks that fit my action. Like I said, the only issue for me was that they all were made for bull barrels which I don't have. Shot Stocky's and email and they will help you out.

Basic Member

Are those new Hogue for det/mag?

knowolive2000

Neither Choate, Boyds's, nor Stocky's carry a stock that fits the Model 111 FCNS (long action with detachable magazine). Apparently the action for the Accustock is different from the non Accustock version ... I'd appreciate a shout if anyone finds one.

Thanks

knowolive

Aggie04

So I got my stock back (well, its a completely new one) from Richards (they forgot to inlet my stock for my DBM). I was dissapointed with this second one. The first one was great. Nothing wrong (although I never put my barreled action in it) with the first stock at all, but this new one has some issues, although none of them are unbearable, just annoying. As you can see from the 3rd pic, they didn't completely mill out th barrel channel. In the 4th pic, you can see that they forgot a spot on the "left" side of the action as apparent from the "bulge" at the bottom of the picture (which I have already sanded down). Lastly, when i finally dremeled the barrel channel so i could at least drop the barreled action in and assemble, the action fit in there good (I'll start another post concerning a seperate issue about the fit), I was trying to put the magazine metal in and found that it was milled about 1/4" short at recoil lug side. Oh well, I can work around all of this and I think I'm going to be happy with the stock.

[img width=600 height=128]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7899/group1img1362img13664im.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=135]http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/8508/group2img1373img13805im.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=400]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8700/img1369jx.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=400]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4324/img1370x.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=400]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2115/img1367hc.jpg[/img]

bryan72d

Thanks Aggie, good info.

Bryan

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by knowolive2000
    Neither Choate, Boyds's, nor Stocky's carry a stock that fits the Model 111 FCNS (long action with detachable magazine). Apparently the action for the Accustock is different from the non Accustock version ... I'd appreciate a shout if anyone finds one.

Thanks

knowolive
    Contacted Hogue, these are listed on the web page as new models. Got this quick reply to savage det/mag stocks being offered this year. They have two, one with pillars and the other with full aluminum bed. Would like to hear review from members on the stocks.

"Yes, Sir, we have included the detachable mag! You should have no problem finding a model to fit this description."

Thank you,

Christine

Christine Whalen
    Office Manager
    Hogue, Inc.
    550 Linne Rd.
    Paso Robles, CA 93446
    800/438/4747 Ext 206
    christine@hogueinc.com