Thread: Wanted: Complete Bolt

Wanted: Complete Bolt

I need a complete Bolt for a Stevens 110e Series K 30.06 Rifle

Welcome to the forum
    Ackley was right all along

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Thanks Guys

I took your advice and ordered the Bolt from Numrich, I hope it fits, But I'm skeptical, I'll let you know. Tks. for your help

If it does fit make sure you check the headspace before firing.

Well as expected, the Bolt that Numrich stated in their lists would work in a Stevens 110e Series K, it won't. It will not enter the first Bolt frame, there is a piece of steel on the right side at the front end of the Bolt. It keeps the Bolt from entering the first frame. They are not the first Parts Firm that was misinformed of what Bolt would fit the Series K.
    A few months ago I ordered more or less the same Bolt from Midway USA, They said in their Parts list, it would work, But it wouldn't work, same Problem. I hoping someday, If I live long enough, After all I'm 70 yrs. old, Someone will have a used one from a series K. If not no big thing, a Guy gave me the rifle, he had the same problem..... Thanks for your help anyway.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhuskies230 View Post
    Well as expected, the Bolt that Numrich stated in their lists would work in a Stevens 110e Series K, it won't. It will not enter the first Bolt frame, there is a piece of steel on the right side at the front end of the Bolt. It keeps the Bolt from entering the first frame. They are not the first Parts Firm that was misinformed of what Bolt would fit the Series K.
    A few months ago I ordered more or less the same Bolt from Midway USA, They said in their Parts list, it would work, But it wouldn't work, same Problem. I hoping someday, If I live long enough, After all I'm 70 yrs. old, Someone will have a used one from a series K. If not no big thing, a Guy gave me the rifle, he had the same problem..... Thanks for your help anyway.
    I'm sorry to hear this. If Numrich said it would fit, it would certainly be worth a call to them to find out why it does not. I've always had pretty good luck with parts from Numrich.

Team Savage
    howdy

Thanks Gary for your Impute, I will call them now, I'll let you know what they say....siberianhuskies230

It's just an anti-bind rail. Grind/file it off. Less than a minute on a bench grinder and you should be fullly functional.

Gary: I called Numrich about the 110eBolt not fitting my Series K, they said they were sorry for the mistake. I said why did your listing say it would fit and she said when they buy the parts they go with what the seller says they will fit. They have no way of verifying what they are told. They gave me my money back......I'm still looking!

Glad to hear they took back the bolt; sorry to hear that it did not fit. It's out there somewhere.

The front baffle can get spun into a position that wont allow it to be inserted into the action. Does the front baffle need to be spun 180 degrees?
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Gary: I wanted to give U an update on me finding a Bolt for my Stevens 110, Sometime a go geargrinder told me about modifying a bolt I could get from Numrich. So I did it and he was right, it did work. The bolt works fine. Thanks for your help.

Excellent! Now you have a functional rifle.

Don't forget to check headspace.