Thread: Need help with Trigger Housing reassembly 12Fv With Accu-trigger

Basic Member

Need help with Trigger Housing reassembly 12Fv With Accu-trigger

I took my trigger housing off the action. There is a spring with a leg on each end and 3 coils that is held by the trigger housing pin and puts pressure on the cocking indicator lever (? I am making up names as I go along. I mean the lever I push down on along with a trigger pull to get the bolt out).

I didn't diagram it cause I thought it would be in my PARTS blow up. Hah, not there. Does anybody have a diagram so I can get this spring back on with the legs in the right direction and any tricks to not launching it across the room.

Thanks in advance. rc

longpoker

Re: Need help with Trigger Housing reassembly 12Fv With Accu-trigger

Call savage and they will help you or send you a schematic. Never remove the trigger housing from the Accustock it it not necessary .

BillPa

This is a pre-AT trigger, but the spring is the same.

Its called the sear torsion spring.

I'll explain this with the action upside down as in the picture.

Before anything set the trigger housing in position making sure the tab on the rear engages the slot in the tang looking how the hinge pin holes align between those in the housing and receiver. You want the holes in the housing about 1/2 misaligned higher that those in the receiver so it takes just a bit of downward finger pressure to align them. Tweak the tab up or down to get the 1/2 hole alignment. Go easy, it doesn't take much. The reason for this, it makes reassembly easier and provides enough tension on the pin so it doesn't move and work it's way out. The sear should move on the pin, the pin itself shouldn't move at all.

Next, set the the sear in position, insert the pin and make sure it doesn't bind on the trigger housing, it should move freely without a lot of side to side play. The "ears" can be tweaked a bit in and out to get the minimum clearance without binding.

Now that the preliminary work is done set the trigger housing and sear in position then insert the slave towards the spring side stopping it about an 1/16" or so into the gap where the spring goes. Set the spring in place them push the slave all the way through the sear. This will capture the spring and align the holes in all three parts,sear,trigger housing and receiver.

Next insert the sear hinge pin pushing and following the slave out as you push it all the way through. When the pin is all the way home make sure the sear still moves freely. You may want to use the punch or slave and tap the inside of the sear "ears" outward to make sure they're not pinching on the receiver.

This is another one of those "longer to say (type?) than do" things! I hope I explained it OK, I'm better with pictures!

Bill

Basic Member

I got it back together. (thanks BillPa). Your right, once you do it the first time, it all makes sense. A little bit of a PITA, but, not bad.

Now for a panic question. Was there supposed to be a bushing in the sear spring that we just fixed. I ask this because I was just looking at a 110 schematic (still trying to figure all this out). The schematic lists a spring and a spring bushing. I COULD have shot the bushing across the room and not known it on my initial disassembly. It may be a part of the older version of the action, or it may be lost. I seem to have full function right now without a bushing between the retaining pin and the loops of the sear spring.

Thanks for all the help. rc

BillPa

The bushing was used years ago, I'm not sure of the years they had them or when it was dropped. If you lost it, good. If not, toss it.

Bill

Basic Member

Bill, thanks much. I will consider this reassembled. thanks rc