Hey All,

I am planning on swapping the factory barrel on my 10 FCP HS precision in .308. I've put close to 4000rds through it and plan to swap barrels after I burn though this last box of 500 match kings. I've got everything picked out (barrel, nut, lug, tools) from NSS, and am getting ready to place an order, however I have a few questions before I go ahead with this project:

1. Replacement bolt head. I know the .308 bolt head I have will work with 6.5 creedmoor, however given the 4000 rounds this bolt has on it, should I look at replacing the bold head? If so, is it worth looking into the PTG replacement bolt heads? I seem to recall reading about dishing of the bolt face with factory heads after high round counts. Should I look at replacing ejector and extractor springs also?

2. What about the firing pin, its spring or associated components, do these warrant replacement based of round count, or should I not worry?

3. Magazine compatibility. I have the savage factory 10FCP 10 rd and 4 rd magazines. Does anyone know of any issues with these mags running 6.5 creedmoor?

Sorry if these have been discussed prior, I've been doing a lot of learning and research past couple weeks and am left with just these few nagging questions that need clarification. Any other advice, tips, or comments are appreciated.

Thanks!