Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with bump sizing.

I full length size my cases and bump my shoulders back.0015. When adjusting the die, the shoulder will actually move forward until you start getting the die adjusted properly. When the die squeezes the case sides in, it displaces the brass forward and increases the length. Keep adjusting the die downward in very small increments until you get the measurements you need. Once adjusted, tighten the lock ring and you are good to go.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    I full length size my cases and bump my shoulders back.0015. When adjusting the die, the shoulder will actually move forward until you start getting the die adjusted properly. When the die squeezes the case sides in, it displaces the brass forward and increases the length. Keep adjusting the die downward in very small increments until you get the measurements you need. Once adjusted, tighten the lock ring and you are good to go.
    Try this..go into powerlifting most of your life, set deadlift records and squat records at the 222 lb weight class as a teen, go up to 275lbs and push thousandths of lbs every week for over 20 yrs. Now, grab a sensitive piece of machine like die set with very fine adjustments and start adjusting. Just make sure you don't break many things after the first 2 hrs you keep over adjusting and under adjusting because you just can't get it to a fine enough adjustment. Remove the die with gorilla hands and mess the whole thing up and have to start over again losing your place, try this a few hrs and then see how easy it is. Some of us break things just by looking at them, I already came close to snapping the arm on the rock chucker and screwed up the threading on it. My work has banned me from working with canvas because I rip $5000-$7000 graphics by pulling on them. Others tug away with two people with no issues, I tug on it and I rip it 4 yds. Some of us are a little different my man.

Well “My Man” get your wife or girlfriend to do it for you. Maybe a kid from the neighborhood.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    Well “My Man” get your wife or girlfriend to do it for you. Maybe a kid from the neighborhood.
    I already explained that I got it down with the competition shell holders. Everyone else was very helpful or at least tried to help, why did you bother to comment? Following the instructions won't work with every rifle, I tried that with my first set of dies, Lee, and I had to back it off by more than what it says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12