Got a 12FV for Christmas, haven't been able to get out and shoot it yet, but in the meantime, I'd like to start putting some loads together for it. Only other .223 I've loaded for is my AR, and that's got 10" less barrel . As the Savage is a 9 twist, I'm anticipating best accuracy and stability will be with bullets around 70 gr. My concern is that with typical .223 powders, is that long barrel actually going to cost me velocity? I know, the best plan is to just try it and see, but that's just not going to happen for awhile. So I was wondering what folks with the same rifle/caliber have come up with.

BTW, powders on hand are H335, CFE223, and Varget. The H335 is my go to powder for my AR, the Varget I've only used a little of and got no advantage in my AR, and the CFE I haven't even opened yet. I have no objection to trying other powders. Brass will most likely be new or once fired LC to start, and I have a variety of primers on hand as well. Use will be strictly paper targets at ranges of 200-500 yards. TIA.

Dave