Hey yall. New here but not new to Savages. I recently got a 111 Trophy Hunter in 300wm. This is my 3rd savage rifle. I took it to the range and did a quick sight in before taking it hunting a couple of hours later. When I got to the shooting house is when my problems started showing up.
1: As I was sitting there I noticed several bare metal spots on my barrel. They arent big but there is not finish there. Im certain eventually these areas will rust. I didnt notice these blemishes when it arrived at my FFL. I probably should have inspected the rifle better before accepting the transfer so that one is on me. I do have a friend who has a trophy hunter in 308 who also has these finish issues. Wondering of anyone else does?
2: Saw a small buck. Shot at him and missed. Cranked another round into the chamber. Click. No hit on the cartridge whatsoever. Cranked another one. Missed. He ran off. I know I had the scope on because I had JUST left the range. Got rhe gun back home and the scope rings had somehow worked themselves loose I guess during the 12 shots I had at the range. Torque issues at the factory? I didnt bump or drop it or anything.
3: Removed the scope rings at home to check for loose bases and once I had the rings removed there was surface rust on my bases. This rifle was new in the box when I got it.

You can tell Ive had somewhat of a bad experience with this rifle so far. My other savages are fine. Anyone had any issues with their trophy hunters? And will savage help me get all this worked out?