Thread: Confused with BM on Mod 11

Confused with BM on Mod 11

Okay, I've just spent a few days reading conversions on Bottom metals for Boyds stocks and such. I've followed links to sites that are no longer there... read all others frustration and yes... now I'm here to be enlighted by you.

So, I have a Mod 11 Trophy Hunter XP short action. I too, would like to customize the stock and understand that I would need a replacement bottom metal with mag.

Please direct me in the area where I can find part #'s, where to purhase. This really shouldnt be as difficult as it is. I have been a long time Savage fan, as most of you are. This issue that Savage has done recently to the bottom metals for customizing stocks is teribble IMO.

Can someone please tell me why I cannot order this from Savage website?

Any of you wisdom and assistance is really appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

Team Savage
    When Savage Arms redesigned their web site over a year ago, they eliminated the link which allowed you to enter a rifle serial number, pull up a parts schematic and order the parts directly online. Although, I've been told by Savage Arms customer service representatives they are going to put the link back up for past year, I don't think it's going to happen. They are in the business of selling complete rifles, not parts. Let's hope they don't stop selling parts all together like most gun manufactures.

The only one-stop source to order the correct parts is Savage Arms. Call customer service and transfer to parts department. Have your rifle serial number and credit card ready. Tell them your need a metal (SS or Matte Black), bottom bolt release trigger guard, a SA metal center feed DBM frame assembly (surround), a metal SA center feed magazine bottom cap and the short front action screw. This assumes you have a Savage wood, laminated or composite aftermarket stock with a SA, CF, DBM inlet or a Savage SA factory stock that originally had metal bottom parts (ex. Accustock, 14 American Classic).

The current Savage synthetic stock (non-Accustock) on the Trophy Hunter and other models uses the synthetic magazine bottom cap and front latch tab. The synthetic DBM frame assembly (surround) is molded into the stock. The metal DBM bottom cap is not compatible with these synthetic stocks. Savage does have a synthetic DBM frame assembly that fits Savage factory and aftermarket hardwood, laminated, walnut and Accustocks with the Center Feed, DBM inlet. The synthetic DBM frame assembly and bottom cap are parts used on the Savage 11/111 Light Weight Hunter to reduce weight.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial