Thread: Stagger feed magazine spring and follower

Stagger feed magazine spring and follower

Looking for a follower and magazine spring for a (blind magazine) stagger feed short action I am screwing a 308 barrel in to. It was previously a 223. I have the new bolt head, firing pin, and barrel baffle. I found a spring and follower on MidwayUSA website, but it doesn't say if it is for center feed or stagger feed. Are they the same, or is there a way to tell which it is?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Basic Member
    Won't do you much good if you don't have a .223 mag box.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

I have the mag box. Will just remove the spacer in the mag so the 308 shells will fit.

I did exactly what you are describing with a 223 mag box. Except in 7mm-08. You will have to ‘adjust’ the feed lips some and then, at least in my case I couldn’t achieve 100% reliable feeding. Especially with a full magazine. The cartridges want to ‘nose up’ more than they should because of the design. I ultimately went with a center feed magazine and follower. I didn’t even grind the rear portion of the receiver as many do. Just tweaked the rear tab on the center feed mag box slightly. I ended up hot gluing this into the stock after I had done some test fitting. To find the ideal location. It works great.

Good luck!

COOL! Thanks for the insight. I have a centerfeed mag box and spring and follower. I will give it a try.