I'm a veteran handloader so I'm a little embarassed about what I did.

I've been working up a load for my 16FHSS 257 Roberts and the load I settled on is 47 gr of 3100, Nosler 110 Accubond, W-W +p cases and CCI LR primers. This load is half a grain over max load in Nosler manual. The fact that I'm using +P cases and pressure signs looked OK everything was a Go.

The day I loaded up some of this load I also was loading up a load for a 7mm-08 using Varget. Well you guessed it, I grabbed the Varget by mistake, measured out 47 grs of what I thought was 3100 and poured it into the Roberts case. The manual has a load for Varget in the Roberts but max load is 37 grs. I over charged the Roberts by 10 grs.

Varget is a finer grain powder than the 3100 and the extra 10 grains filled case to about base of the neck.

When I touched off the first and only shot that day I knew something was different. It rocked that little rifle. I don't remember noticing any gas blowback. I couldn't open the bolt. I took rifle back to the truck where I could get some leverage on the bolt and with a lot of effort got the bolt open. The case stayed in the chamber. The primer was stuck to bolt face and fell out when I touched it. The BB which is normally under the extractor also fell off bolt face. I could never find the extractor as it probably fell into the gravel next to my truck and was gone. The case fell out of the chamber with a tap from a cleaning rod.

I hope the bolt is not damaged other than needing a new extractor. I called Savage and even though it was my fault they are sending me a new extractor, BB and spring at no charge.

I guess the moral of this story is that no matter how long you've spent at the reloading bench you gotta be careful and double check every move. I've learned a lesson I thought I already knew.