First, my apologies, gentlemen. I've been a member for some time; joined in 2015, but I've been absent because of protracted health reasons, (when it rains, it pours), but I'm back in the saddle, to continue on from here.

I recently came across a Savage Model 110FP, LH in .223 on a round gun rack in the corner of the gun shop. The reason I noticed it was because it is a 'lefty' rifle.

Yes, it has the heavy barrel, pre-"Accutrigger" trigger, the synthetic stock, and I suspect, by the dated look of the Savage graphics packaging of the time, an older model. It's NIB, and the asking price is $500 - was; now it's mine. It was originally owned by a friend of the gun store owner, but the friend passed away before he had a chance to shoot it, so the gun store owner was selling it for the family of his late friend.

I have been looking for a LH bolt-action in said caliber for some time, and was seriously considering the CZ, but for this price, I figured I now have a rifle that has the potential to meet my bench shooting needs; to give me years of shooting pleasure (or misery) depending on who I ask.

I think it is a fair price, and I would be interested in any information/opinions of you more experienced, and knowledgeable SS 110 rifle guys,who may care to opine.

I've been reading as much as I can, both good and bad, but am anxious to wring it out, when I pick it up later in the week.

I'd also like to know when it was manufactured - just curious.

I know I'll replace the trigger and the stock, but for now . . . something to look forward to.

bobbyj.