Thread: 6mmBR Norma

Basic Member

6mmBR Norma

Hello. Brand new member from Idaho- (even though I have been reading threads for a long time, just had never joined). I have quite a bit of shooting and reloading experience- but none with the 6mmbr Norma.

My question is- Anyone have any experience with getting it to cycle correct in a magazine? Most of the rifles I see are single shot- but I have heard people saying it will feed correctly as long as you use the very long bullets and load to a very long COL. I have a 6.5 in the stealth- and want to change it over to the 6mmbr, Unless it will be a giant headache? I was talking to a guy that told me he loaded the Norma to 2.500.... So it would have .3 to move around in the mag under recoil unless it was blocked off. Worth a try- or a bad idea?
    Thanks.

The 6mm BR Norma feeds fine with the newer centerfeed magazines, it was the old stagger-feed magazines that were problematic with this round. That's with the factory-style magazines though, and your Stealth uses AICS-style magazines. I don't have any first-hand experience with that cartridge in that magazine type so I can't help you there, but hopefully someone will chime in who can.

As for why most people run it as a single-shot, that's simple. Most people shooting this cartridge are doing so in competition such as benchrest or F-Class. F-Class rules (10.1.6) specifically state that the rifle may only be loaded with one cartridge at a time. In benchrest most everyone uses a single-shot action because it's presumed to be stiffer due to the lack of a magazine cutout in the bottom of the receiver.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain