Thread: Traded up a LOT!

Basic Member

Traded up a LOT!

About a year ago I bought a used 7mm Mag Stainless 116. It shot alright, but it would shoot the first cold shot right on the bullseye every time, but the next 3 would make a really tight group about 7/8 of an inch low. Since it was under a MOA I figured it was still alright for a beating around rifle. Cabelas had it priced at $350 and I got it for about a hundred less than that.

Last summer the local gun shop had a 7mm Rem Mag 111 Long Range Hunter with the muzzle break that you can turn on and off and the adjustable cheek rest. They had it priced at $750 and the owner claimed that they took it out of the box new and only used it to test out a new line of scopes that they were thinking about selling (Huskemaw). and only had a couple boxes of shells through it. It looked perfect.
    When we were haggling last summer they agreed to $600, but since I already had the 116, I declined at that price.

I have a $100 mail in rebate card from the purchase of my 12FV just burning a hole in my pocket, and I had decided to purchase that 111 Long Range Hunter if they still had it.... and they did. I reminded the guy that last summer we had discussed a price of $600 but I just couldn't do it. Without even asking him about a lower price, because I decided I was going to buy it at $600, he said that it had been in inventory so long how about $500. I said "I WILL TAKE IT!"

I ended up getting the rifle for $500, minus $100 for the Rebate, minus $250 for the 116 trade in. I had to come up with a $167 for the remainder plus sales tax. I was SUPER excited walking out the store.

I can't wait to get it out on the range come spring time!

Hell of an upgrade for very little out of pocket!

Hope the new one shoots as good as the 116 Stainless. Brake will most likely help.