I bought a AXIS ii xp in 308. Great rifle, but the bases for the Weaver scope didn't allow me to adjust the scope back as far as I like, so I replaced the bases with some Leupold QRW and also replaced the rings with some Leupold PRW rings. After shooting the rifle for a couple of months, I got tired at looking at the Made in China on the Weaver scope, so I replaced it with an Leupold American Marksman (VX1) scope. If one checks this scope, you will see is has a locking "fast-focus" on the the descriptors. When I received the scope I mounted it and tried to figure out "fast-focus", as it appeared the scope had a standard micro-thread adjustment . Anyway I called Leupold and was advised, "The American Marksman is not a fast-focus eyepiece , it has a traditional lockring style diopter adjustment." I questioned why all the descriptors of the American Marksman scope say it has "fast-focus" and he said, "that's a good question." Anyway, not just becasue of the lack of the fast-focus feature, the scope has been sent back to Cabelas, and I bought a VX2 scope elsewhere.