This rifle is a savage ladyhunter in 7mm08. For those of you not familiar, it is very much like the savage lightweight hunter OR the Savage 114s. It comes in a wood stock that has pillars already installed from factory. I believe this are likely press fit. Should I push on them to see if they are nice and snug? I have replaced the plastic bottom metal with real bottom metal. My plan is to grind/mill out about 1/8inch deep of the wood in all areas to be bedded. I am going to bed the recoil lug area back to the front of the rear action screw area. What tips and tricks do you all have that I should keep in mind? The gun is shooting less than desirable with factory ammo. I have tried several factory ammo and the best groups we get are 1.25-1.5MOA at 100 yards. Before I go working up reloads for the rifle, I want to bed it to rule that out. The goal is to find a load (factory OR with my hand loads) under 1 MOA. If after bedding, sub 1 MOA is not achieved with my reloads then I will be forced to rebarrel which means I will have to re-bed the lug area again since I will use a new competition grade recoil lug. Any other thoughts I should consider? Thanks!