Thread: WTK: Wooden Target-style stock for LRPV?

Basic Member

WTK: Wooden Target-style stock for LRPV?

I have a Model 12 LRPV that I’d like to have a wooden target-style stock made for and I’m wondering if anyone has had this done and if so, can they suggest a source for the stock? Hoping I don’t have to go the custom/handmade super expensive route. Not looking for a laminate but rather high-grade walnut or maple.

Thabks in advance.

Basic Member
    For a bench rest stock I would call Sharp Shooters Supply. He is on here, and has some nice stock designs for savage.

Basic Member
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    lots of options there. I like the wolverine.

Basic Member
    Thank you for the info gents, rifle-stocks.com looks like it will fit the bill nicely

Be prepared for a long wait and a LOT of finishing work. Their stocks arrive pretty rough and are far from a "drop-in and go" like a Boyds or aftermarket synthetic stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Yep, mine arrived looking like it was carved by an angry beaver, but the action fit well enough. If you go that route, I recommend that you buy an electric palm sander (I got a Makita) and some sticky back sanding paper at Home Depo in various grits. It'll cut many hours off your sanding work.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Yep, mine arrived looking like it was carved by an angry beaver, but the action fit well enough. If you go that route, I recommend that you buy an electric palm sander (I got a Makita) and some sticky back sanding paper at Home Depo in various grits. It'll cut many hours off your sanding work.
    Not a problem on my end. I am now in a dilemma of if i should go cheap with economy grade walnut, or get laminate (3 guns).. I could do walnut on the 110 and laminate on the 12fv.