Thread: Accu-fit stocks

Basic Member

Accu-fit stocks

Anybody look on the Savage website lately and see the new accu-fit stocks for the 110? Looks pretty similar to the mag pul stocks

Looks promising
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Don't like the way they look. If I had one it would get painted for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    Don't like the way they look. If I had one it would get painted for sure.
    SPot on, wished they offered in FDE or ODG....Seems like most Co. are going that route.
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Basic Member
    Big question for me is how stiff the thing is....

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    Big question for me is how stiff the thing is....
    I like the regular non-accustocks for hunting.
    From my experience, accuracy is not affected by the flex of the forend.
    I have a 243win that was in a regular stock, so I took the barrel off and put it in a different action in a accustock and accuracy didn't change at all.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    I like the regular non-accustocks for hunting.
    From my experience, accuracy is not affected by the flex of the forend.
    I have a 243win that was in a regular stock, so I took the barrel off and put it in a different action in a accustock and accuracy didn't change at all.
    disagree. The flimsy stocks are ok if you put no pressure on them, but as soon as the for-end moves enough to hit the barrel is when you have problem. Try this, at the range flex the stock with your front hand enough to touch the barrel and then shoot. You will likely get flyers.

Just finished up my first range session with one of the new AccuFit equipped models in .30-06 Spfld. So rather than a bunch of talking heads who have zero experience with it spreading conjecture and baseless opinions here I thought I'd offer up some HANDS-ON REAL WORLD feedback.

1. AccuFit stocks use the same low-end polymer as all the old synthetic stocks.
    2. AccuFit stocks also have the AccuStock aluminum bedding in them, so no forearm flex.
    3. Still a little flex at the wrist just like the standard AccuStock's, but it won't affect accuracy unless you bear down on the stock like a 800-lb gorilla.
    4. Textured overmold panels on the fore-end and pistol grip offer good traction without being to aggressive or obnoxious. During my shooting I didn't even really notice them.
    5. Comb drop can be adjusted from 1" to 1/2" in 1/8" increments.
    6. The interchangeable cheek pieces work very well and offer a good range of height to mate up with most reasonable combinations of scope/rings and/or human proportions.
    7. LOP can be adjusted from 12.5" (no spacer) to 14" with the included spacers.
    8. Length-of-pull spacers are equally good and different length screws are provided for each, but if you're one of those people with a LOP over 14" you will probably have to source some longer screws to allow you to stack a couple of the larger spacers.
    9. New trigger guard offers more room for a gloved finger, and while the looks will take some getting used to I put function over style and it's definitely and improvement for function.
    10. Bottom bolt release button seems to be a bit larger (taller) making it easier to manipulate. Those that hate the BBR will still hate it - no getting around that.
    11. Recoil pad is EXTREMELY soft - like marsh mellow soft - and given it's thickness could result in some deflection under compression, but so far it hasn't been an issue with range testing. Recoil from this .30-06 with a 150gr bullet is actually lighter than what I get from my Henry Long Ranger in .308 Win and 147gr bullets.
    12. It does what it was designed to do, which is to allow shooters to setup the stock to fit them properly, and it does it very well with a very simple and well thought out design.

As for looks, it's a well known fact that no matter what you do you'll never please everybody. Personally I like the looks of the new stock. The gray isn't all that appealing, but a rattle can will easily resolve that. Style points don't put meat in the freezer - I'll take function over fashion every day of the week.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take personal experience any day. Great review

Basic Member
    Interesting....so if they have essentially made a modern, adjustable AccuStock for the masses will they be looking to raise the price points of their product lines?

Basic 110 Hunter AccuFit has an MSRP of $749, which is essentially the same as the old 11/111 FCNS (sans AccuFit) which has an MSRP of $792. MSRP for the 16/116 Weather Warriors ranged from $939-979 last year, the new 110 Storm's are at $849 across the board.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Can the new stocks be retrofitted to the older savages with bottom bolt release?

Quote Originally Posted by tblank7 View Post
    Can the new stocks be retrofitted to the older savages with bottom bolt release?
    From what I'm seeing - yes. Only caveat would be the recoil lug as your rifle would have to have the AccuStock lug since these have the aluminum skeleton in them.

how is the accuracy on the new accufit guns compared to pre accufit guns? I would think it would be the same, but who knows if they changed anything other than the stock. they are a tad bit cheaper for some reason.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Just finished up my first range session with one of the new AccuFit equipped models in .30-06 Spfld. So rather than a bunch of talking heads who have zero experience with it spreading conjecture and baseless opinions here I thought I'd offer up some HANDS-ON REAL WORLD feedback.

1. AccuFit stocks use the same low-end polymer as all the old synthetic stocks.
    2. AccuFit stocks also have the AccuStock aluminum bedding in them, so no forearm flex.
    3. Still a little flex at the wrist just like the standard AccuStock's, but it won't affect accuracy unless you bear down on the stock like a 800-lb gorilla.
    4. Textured overmold panels on the fore-end and pistol grip offer good traction without being to aggressive or obnoxious. During my shooting I didn't even really notice them.
    5. Comb drop can be adjusted from 1" to 1/2" in 1/8" increments.
    6. The interchangeable cheek pieces work very well and offer a good range of height to mate up with most reasonable combinations of scope/rings and/or human proportions.
    7. LOP can be adjusted from 12.5" (no spacer) to 14" with the included spacers.
    8. Length-of-pull spacers are equally good and different length screws are provided for each, but if you're one of those people with a LOP over 14" you will probably have to source some longer screws to allow you to stack a couple of the larger spacers.
    9. New trigger guard offers more room for a gloved finger, and while the looks will take some getting used to I put function over style and it's definitely and improvement for function.
    10. Bottom bolt release button seems to be a bit larger (taller) making it easier to manipulate. Those that hate the BBR will still hate it - no getting around that.
    11. Recoil pad is EXTREMELY soft - like marsh mellow soft - and given it's thickness could result in some deflection under compression, but so far it hasn't been an issue with range testing. Recoil from this .30-06 with a 150gr bullet is actually lighter than what I get from my Henry Long Ranger in .308 Win and 147gr bullets.
    12. It does what it was designed to do, which is to allow shooters to setup the stock to fit them properly, and it does it very well with a very simple and well thought out design.

As for looks, it's a well known fact that no matter what you do you'll never please everybody. Personally I like the looks of the new stock. The gray isn't all that appealing, but a rattle can will easily resolve that. Style points don't put meat in the freezer - I'll take function over fashion every day of the week.
    Great review. Quality cheek pads or plastic type that could brake off? I HATE BBR. I have one on my 10T. Should be banded to make a BBR.

Basic Member
    Anyone know of any good web sites describing how to (successfully) use a "rattle can" on an ugly (Savage) stock? I've heard comments about the paint chipping off.

Team Savage
    In my experience, regular spray paint will not hold up. It chips or scratches off and it is not resistant to gun oils/cleaning solvents.

I've had good results with Duracoat on Savage stocks. It is a tough, 2-part epoxy paint that is chemically resistant when fully cured. If you have access to an air compressor, an inexpensive Harbor Freight air brush https://www.harborfreight.com/34-and...kit-62294.html will give you great results when painting gun parts. Getting the surface clean and oil free is the secret. I use acetone and handle parts with rubber gloves after cleaning and prior to applying the finish. Duracoat Aerosol is now available in a one-time use "rattle can" http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/. Check out https://www.brownells.com/ web site for "how to" videos and additional epoxy paint products for guns like Alum-Hyde II https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-prod1117.aspx.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Great review. Quality cheek pads or plastic type that could brake off? I HATE BBR. I have one on my 10T. Should be banded to make a BBR.
    WTH is BBR? We don't charge by the character here so type it out so people know what the heck you're talking about.

And they're not cheek pads, they're interchangeable combs - all plastic. Would have been nice if they had put a thin rubber overmold on them, but there's plenty of outfits out there offering 1/8" thick stick-on cheek pads if it's that big of an issue for ya. The pieces interlock with the stock via six (3 on each side) slide-in tabs and is held in place by the recoil pad so it's not going anywhere. Only way I can see breaking one is by deliberately trying to by using it like a ball bat against a tree or something.

Then again, this is the internet - guaranteed someone will eventually do something stupid and break one, then piss and moan about how cheap and crappy they are.

Basic Member
    Thanks jp, that's very helpful and will give it a try on my 22-250.

Basic Member
    BBR = Bottom Bolt Release

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    BBR = Bottom Bolt Release
    That's what I initially thought when I read it, but you were talking about the cheek piece parts and not bolt releases so it kind of threw me. LOL

Accufit stock

So my question is, can I purchase the ACCUFIT stock and fit it to my Savage 16FHSAK?

Basic Member
    Some are made for top bolt release models, some for bottom bolt release. I have both.