Thread: New 110 action coming

Basic Member

New 110 action coming

So I noticed that Savage has been posting teasers on facebook pretty hard lately about a "legend being reborn" etc.

https://www.facebook.com/SavageArms/...5250585543549/

I heard from someone who works for them that they are releasing an updated 110 action (short and long action will both be 110's now apparently).

Not a whole lot more info than that but based on the latest teaser maybe we'll know more tomorrow.

Noice....Accurate guaranteed..
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Bottom bolt release ??? if so then that sucks because I can NOT buy top bolt release sears anymore to convert them.
    No one sells them.
    And I hate the bottom bolt releases.

No changes to the action or design, just restructuring the 110 line with new names and model designations. Basically they're getting rid of the confusing 10/11/12/14/16/etc. and going back to everything being a "Model 110".

Keep an eye on the homepage today, I've already posted one release and will be posting more at 10am and 3pm with additional info now that the authorized release date has arrived.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    No changes to the action or design, just restructuring the 110 line with new names and model designations. Basically they're getting rid of the confusing 10/11/12/14/16/etc. and going back to everything being a "Model 110".

Keep an eye on the homepage today, I've already posted one release and will be posting more at 10am and 3pm with additional info now that the authorized release date has arrived.
    Makes sense, why mess with a good thing. I guess I was under the impression that the action was changing with everything being a "110" now and it was referred to as the "new 110." New features, same action.

Do all the Cheek Riser pieces come with the gun OR do they have to be bought seperate? I ask because I like / need the cheek riser but Im not sure what height I would need and I dont want to keep buying riser after riser until I find the proper fit

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    Do all the Cheek Riser pieces come with the gun OR do they have to be bought seperate? I ask because I like / need the cheek riser but Im not sure what height I would need and I dont want to keep buying riser after riser until I find the proper fit
    All come in the box with the rifle, nothing extra to buy. Smart move on Savage's part IMO.

urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Excellent ...... Thank you

Banned
    What's the problem with bottom bolt releases how often do you remove the bolt get over it or buy another brand

I remove the bolt very often. When you shoot thousands of rounds a year you'd do the same.

Before I make the first shot at the range I check the bore for abstractions. Again check it after every cease fire. Then remove bolt to run bore snake every 50 rounds.
    I spend several hours at the range and in that time I remove the bolt several times.

Aftermarket chassis compatibility is also a hit and miss with the bottom bolt release.

For a hunting rifle I'm ok with the bottom bolt release.

I'm indifferent when ti comes to the Great Top v. Bottom Release Debate, I just wish Savage would pick one or the other and be done with it. Ditto for the Axis v. metal DBM's.

Banned
    John Wayne must have been talking about me when I try to figure out what stock and bottoms I need for my savage model 11 trophy hunter xp when looking at Boyds stocks they have the 111 trophy hunter but not a 11 trophy hunter I would like to replace the factory stock with a at- one stock but not sure what to order some say I need bottom metals (expensive) others say they sell plastic bottom parts